Louisiana Ancillary Certificate
Beginning July 2019, all lead teachers working in publicly funded early learning centers in Louisiana must hold an early childhood ancillary certificate. The Frog Street Louisiana Early Childhood Ancillary Certificate Program offers teachers a pathway to earn this Certificate and the Child Development Associate® (CDA), a widely recognized credential and key stepping stone to career advancement.
This flexible program offers the required online coursework for the CDA exam, as well as practice experiences, coaching, mentoring, and CLASS™ observations. Scholarships for the entire program are available through Louisiana Pathways. Begin the application process today and take the next step toward enhancing your teaching career!
The Frog Street Early Childhood Ancillary Certificate Program offers:
• 120 hours of online, instructor-led CDA coursework
• Competency-based practice experiences
• Meaningful classroom interactions
• 18 hours of face-to-face CLASS professional development
• On-site observations combined with coaching support
• 12-16 hours of on-site student mentoring
• Portfolio completion and family questionnaires
• CDA Council observation and exam preparation
• Support in applying to LA Pathways
Cohorts are forming now! Please contact Frog Street (800-884-3764) for more info!
This program provides the tools for early childhood teachers in Louisiana to prepare children for kindergarten readiness.
Here are the steps toward obtaining your Louisiana Ancillary Certificate:
Download PDF of “Steps to your Louisiana Ancillary Certificate”
In order to apply for the Frog Street Ancillary Certificate, it is required that you send an email to [email protected] with your first and last name, last four social security numbers, and the email address you would prefer on your application. Once we receive this information, you will receive a link from Instructure Canvas enrolling you in the application platform. Here, you will download the application and submit the documents through this portal.
If you have any questions, please contact Frog Street at 800-884-3764.
Download program details and schedule here.
In this program, you will learn how to:
• Ensure a well-run, purposeful program that is responsive to children
• Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment
• Advance your physical and intellectual competence
• Support social-emotional development and provide positive guidance
• Establish positive and productive relationships with families
• Maintain a commitment to quality and professionalism
Download the Frog Street Louisiana Ancillary Early Childhood Certificate Program brochure here.