DIG Letter People
Based on 30 years of classroom research and testing, these special friends get children talking, moving, interacting, experimenting, drawing, counting and, ultimately, reading and writing. By stimulating imaginative and creative powers, the DIG early childhood program gets children to think and respond because the Letter People are more than just fabric and thread. These kid-friendly, kid-durable puppets are good friends, language buddies, learning partners…and just plain fun!
Children of all ages form an immediate connection with the cute and quirky Letter People Puppets. They want to learn all about their new friends, and when they do, they are also learning letter names, letter sounds, and a wide variety of oral language skills. Children simply love the Letter People, and here’s why you will too:
- Puppets create an emotional connection that promotes active learning.
- Capital letters, lowercase letters, and hidden letters reinforce letter recognition.
- Special characteristics help children associate each letter with its spoken sound.
- The Letter People support phonological awareness and letter-sound correspondence.
- The puppets are washable and sturdy.