Enhancing Writing in Kindergarten & First
Grade Modeled Writing, Work Stations & More
Frog Street provides this information package of resources and instruction to support the development of writing.
The book, Reagan’s Journal, provides students with engaging personal narratives that serve as examples of journal writing. The discussion from each journal entry gives students a number of prompts to involve them in the pre-writing conversation of the writing process. Teachers are guided on ways to support students’ independent writing, revision, editing and publishing.
Two wordless storybooks and a bilingual story folder bring writing activities that teachers can apply to other books in their classroom library. Strategy cards give additional support with classroom writing. Intervention resources engage students in learning the names and sounds of letters and then practice in forming those letters efficiently to support fluency in writing.
- Frog Street Live DVD provides visual formation of letters along with auditory prompts for student practice.
- Family Involvement Kit gets parents involved with their children in writing personal narratives.
- The Instruction Guide gives teachers numerous lessons in modeled writing, shared writing, independent writing and workstations.
- Clever props and prompts spark interest in independent writing.
Enhanced Writing in K-1 includes:
• The Button Story
• Animal Friends
Mr. Pencil Big Book
Classroom Package of Writing Journals (24)
• Multisensory Letter Writing
• Show What You Know
• Wordless Books
• Journal Writing
Frog Street Live DVD
Dry Erase Boards with Markers (12)
• There Was an Old Woman
Family Involvement Kit:
• Canvas Bag
• Class Journal
• Family Letter