F. Isabel Campoy
An interview with Dr. Campoy
F. Isabel Campoy, PhD is the author of numerous children’s books in the areas of poetry, theatre, stories, biographies, and art. As a researcher she has published extensively, bringing to the curriculum an awareness of the richness of the Hispanic culture. She is an educator specialized in the area of literacy and home school interaction, topics on which she lectures nationally.
An internationally recognized scholar devoted to the study of language acquisition, a field in which she started publishing in l973 after obtaining her degree in English Philology from Universidad Complutense in Madrid, Spain; and post graduate work in Reading from the University in England, and UCLA in the United States. Among others, she is the recipient of the Junior Guild Award, ALA Notable Book Award, San Francisco Library Award, and the 2005 Reading the World Award from the University of San Francisco.
- Friends and Foundation of San Francisco Public Library Laureate Award, 2003
- Reading the World Award, 2004
- Junior Library Guild Premier Selection Award, 2006 For Tales Our Abuelitas Told / Cuentos que contaban nuestras abuelas
- Kirkus Best Books
- Nick Jr. Family Magazine
- Best Books of the Year
- ALA Notable Book Award. For Pío Peep!
- Nick Jr. Magazine Best Book of the Year
- Parent’s Guide to Children’s Media Award
- Parenting Magazine Books of the Year Award