Louisiana Ancillary Certificate
Beginning July 2019, all lead teachers working in publicly funded early learning centers in Louisiana must hold an early childhood ancillary certificate. The Frog Street Louisiana Early Childhood Ancillary Certificate Program offers teachers a pathway to earn this Certificate and the Child Development Associate® (CDA), a widely recognized credential and key stepping stone to career advancement.
This flexible program offers the required online coursework for the CDA exam, as well as practice experiences, coaching, mentoring, and CLASS™ observations. Scholarships for the entire program are available through Louisiana Pathways. Begin the application process today and take the next step toward enhancing your teaching career!
The Frog Street Early Childhood Ancillary Certificate Program offers:
• 120 hours of online, instructor-led CDA coursework
• Competency-based practice experiences
• Meaningful classroom interactions
• 18 hours of face-to-face CLASS professional development
• On-site observations combined with coaching support
• 12-16 hours of on-site student mentoring
• Portfolio completion and family questionnaires
• CDA Council observation and exam preparation
• Support in applying to LA Pathways
This program provides the tools for early childhood teachers in Louisiana to prepare children for kindergarten readiness.
Here are the steps toward obtaining your Louisiana Ancillary Certificate:
Download PDF of “Steps to your Louisiana Ancillary Certificate”
The following documents must be completed to apply to the Frog Street Louisiana Early Childhood Ancillary Certificate Program:
Submit all application and scholarship forms directly to Frog Street. These forms will be submitted to Louisiana Pathways on your behalf for verification. Please note that you must be enrolled in the LA Pathways program prior to submitting the Frog Street LA Believes Application.
Once you have completed the required forms, scan and email the documents to: email@example.com
Or, you may print them out and mail directly to Frog Street at the following address:
Attention: Louisiana Ancillary Program
530 S. Nolen Drive
Southlake, TX 76092
Download program details and schedule here.
In this program, you will learn how to:
• Ensure a well-run, purposeful program that is responsive to children
• Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment
• Advance your physical and intellectual competence
• Support social-emotional development and provide positive guidance
• Establish positive and productive relationships with families
• Maintain a commitment to quality and professionalism
Download the Frog Street Louisiana Ancillary Early Childhood Certificate Program brochure here.